Monday, March 9, 2009

The Storms of Life

As a child I always found myself dreading this time of the year. In southwest Oklahoma we refered to springtime as tornado season. Living in "Tornado Alley" during "Tornado Season" is not a real calm combination. I remember finding myself running inside the house at the first sign of bad weather. Today we have radars on the internet that we can constantly update and check which makes planning for a catostrophic tornado much easier. With the modern radar we also no longer truly need the spastic meteorologist such as Andy Wallace who for years terrorized southwest Oklahoma with his constant doom and gloom broadcast. Whether a tornado was spotted 7 miles or 70 miles from our home, Andy would call for a full scale tornado alert!

As an adult now living in the Texas Hill Country, Spring has become a very enjoyable season! In fact it may soon win my "favorite time of year contest" currently held tightly by the cooler and wetter Fall! I find myself enjoying the bluebonnets, the plam trees, the warmth on my skin as well as the boats and jet skis on the lakes. I look forward to lunches with Michelle on the dock at Chili's overlooking lake Marble Falls. No longer do I fear the springtime storms or spastic meteorologist. And if that rare tornado does make an appearance in the hill country we have Jim Spencer in Austin...a man who treats rain storms and winds over 15mph as a natural disaster!

Isn't funny how our lives change. From worrying about a tornado in our early childhood to observing the beautiful bluebonnets of Texas as an adult, we are constantly reminded of the power of One who is greater than I.


No comments:

Post a Comment